All the Services are provided by Semantica who is also the owner of the data processing and responsible for the information of the users who make use of our Services.
Please read the Terms of Service ("Terms"), which illustrate the conditions applicable to the use of our Services.
Semantica receives or collects information to make available, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market its Services, as well as when the user installs, accesses or uses the Services. The type of information we receive and collect depends on how you use our Services.
Information provided by the user
- User account information. The user provides their mobile phone number and basic information (including a profile name) to create a Semantic account. You agree to provide us regularly, in accordance with applicable laws, the telephone numbers of the contacts in the address book of your mobile device, including those of users of our Services and other contacts. The user can provide us with an e-mail address. The user can also add other information to his account, for example name and surname.
- Data provided by the user. Semantica stores the data provided by the user (for example messages, chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, shared location information) during the normal performance of the Services.
- User connections. To facilitate communications, we can help the user identify his or her contacts who already use Semantic services.
- Customer support. You agree to provide us with information relating to the use of our Services, including copies of messages, and how to contact us for the purpose of enabling us to provide you with assistance. For example, the user can send us an email containing information related to the performance of our app or other issues.
Information collected automatically
- Usage and access information. Semantica collects information related to user activity on the Services it offers, such as usage, diagnostics and performance. This includes information on your activity (including how you use our Services, the settings of the Services, how you interact with others through our Services, as well as the times, frequency and duration of activities and interactions), log files and reports related to diagnostics, crashes, website and performance. It also includes information on when the user registered for the use of our Services, the functions that are used such as those relating to messaging, calls, status or groups, profile photos, info, information when the user is online, when he last used our Services ("last login") and when he last updated his personal information.
- Device and connection information. Semantica collects specific device and connection information when the user installs, accesses or uses our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, battery level information, signal strength, app version, browser and mobile network information, connection information, including number mobile phone, mobile operator or ISP provider, language and time zone, IP, information on device operations and identifiers such as devices (including unique identifiers for the Semantic products offered and associated with the same device or account).
- Location information. Where provided, Semantica collects device location information if the user uses location-related features, such as when they decide to share their location with their contacts, see nearby locations or those that the others shared with him, and the like, for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes, for example in the event that the user experiences problems with the position functions of the app. Semantica uses various technologies to determine its location, including IP, GPS, Bluetooth signals and information on nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and cells.
Third party information
- User information provided by other users. Semantica receives user information from other users and companies. For example, when other users or companies that the user knows use our Services, it is possible that they provide his telephone number, name or other information (such as that present in the address book of their device or, in the case of companies, additional information such as unique identifiers), in the same way that the user can provide information from other users, or that send a message to the user or to groups to which it belongs or who contact him by phone. These users and companies are required to hold the legal rights to collect, use and share user information before providing us with any information.
- Companies on the Semantica apps. The companies with which the user interacts through the Semantica apps (hereinafter the Company) provide us with information on these interactions. A Company may also request assistance from another company for archiving, reading and replying to messages on behalf of that company and in support of that company. It should be noted that when companies use third party services, the terms and privacy policies of the latter govern the use by the user of these services and the use by companies of the user information within those services.
- Third party service providers. We work with third party service providers to make available, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market the Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our applications, provide our infrastructure, delivery and other systems, offer location, map and location information, process payments, understand how people use our Services and market our Services, establish connections between users and companies that use our Services, conduct surveys and research for us and help us with customer support. In some cases, these companies may provide us with information about you; for example, app stores can provide us with reports for diagnostics and technical troubleshooting.
- Third party services. Semantica allows the use of the Services together with third party services. If you use our Services in conjunction with third party services, we may receive user information from those services, for example, if you use the app sharing button provided by Semantica in a news service to share an article with contacts in our Services or in case of access to our Services using the promotion of the same by the mobile operator or the device supplier. Please note that by using third party services, you accept the terms and privacy policies that govern their use.
How Semantica use information
Semantica uses the information at its disposal (subject to user choices) to make available, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market its Services. That's how:
- Semantica Services. Semantica uses the information at its disposal to make available and provide its Services, providing assistance to customers and improving, solving problems and customizing the Services. Semantica understands how people use their Services and analyzes and uses the information at their disposal to evaluate and improve the Services themselves, to research, develop and test new services and functions and to identify and solve problems. The information is also used to provide an answer when the user contacts Semantica.
- Protection and security. Semantica checks accounts and activities and promotes protection and security inside and outside the Services, for example by analyzing suspicious activities or violations of the Terms, to ensure the use in accordance with the law of the Services.
- Communications related to the Services. Semantica uses the information at its disposal to communicate with the user about the Services and functions, the Terms and notices and other important updates. Semantica may offer marketing for the Services. Please see How to exercise your rights for more information.
- No third party advertising banners. We do not allow third party advertising banners on Semantica. We do not intend to adopt them, but, if we ever do, we will update this Policy. No third party advertising banners. We do not allow third party advertising banners on Semantica. We do not intend to adopt them, but, if we ever do, we will update this Policy.
- Measurements, analyzes and other services for companies. We help companies that use Semantica apps to measure the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages and to understand how people interact with them about our Services.
Information shared between Semantica and the user
By using and communicating through our Services, the user shares his information, which in turn Semantica shares to make available, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market the Services.
- Sending user information to those with whom that user communicates. The user shares their information (including messages) while using our Services to communicate.
- Contacts of the user and others. The other people and companies with which the user communicates can in turn store or share information (including phone number or messages) with other people inside and outside the Services. You can use the settings of the Services to manage the users of the Services with which you communicate and some information that you share.
- Third party service providers. We work with third party service providers to make available, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market the Services. When we share information with third party suppliers in this area, we request that they use your information in accordance with our instructions and the conditions indicated.
- Third party services. When the user uses third party services integrated into our Services, said third parties can receive information on what they share with them. For example, if the user uses a data backup service integrated in our Services (for example iCloud or Google Drive), the service in question will receive information shared by the user. If the user interacts with a third party service linked to our Services, he will provide information directly to said third parties. Please note that by using third party services, you accept the terms and privacy policies that govern their use.
Application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to users of the European Region
Legal basis for data processing
Semantica collect, use and share information available to you as described above.
- as needed to comply with our Terms;
- in accordance with the user's consent, revocable at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect the vital interests of the user or those of others;
- as necessary for the public interest;
- as necessary for the legitimate interests of ourselves or others, including our interests in providing an innovative, relevant, safe and remunerative service for our users and partners, unless interests or rights and personal freedoms prevail over these interests which require the protection of personal data. Learn more
How to exercise your rights
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or other applicable local laws, the user has the right to access, correct, transfer and delete his information and the right to limit and oppose to certain types of information processing . This includes the right to object to the processing of user information for direct marketing and the right to object to the processing of user information when we carry out an activity in the public interest or pursue our legitimate or third party interests. The user can request their information by contacting Semantica at email@example.com. The user can access the tools to correct, update and delete their information directly in the app as described in the section Management and deletion of information. If we treat your information based on our legitimate interests or those of third parties or in the public interest, the user can object to this treatment. In this case, we will stop processing your information, unless it is based on valid legitimate reasons or is necessary for legal reasons. The user can object to the processing of his information and find more information on the options available to him to limit the way in which we use his data by visiting this page. In the event that we use the user's information for direct marketing purposes for our Services, the user can always oppose and renounce to receive marketing messages through the appropriate link present in similar communications.
Management and deletion of user information
We store information as long as it is necessary to provide our services or until the account is deleted, based on the situation that occurs first. This is a case-by-case determination that varies based on elements such as the nature of the information, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
If the user wishes to manage, modify, limit or delete his information, he can do so through the following tools:
- Services settings. The user can change the settings of the Services to manage certain information available to other users. The user can manage contacts to manage the users with whom he communicates.
- Account deletion from a Semantic app. The user can delete the app account at any time (including the case in which you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your information by of Semantica) using the appropriate function present in the app or by uninstalling the app itself. When you delete an account, undelivered data and other information no longer necessary for the operation and provision of the Services will be deleted from our servers. Please note that by deleting our Services from the device without using the appropriate "Account cancellation" function present in the app or by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org if the first option is not available, the information may remain stored for a longer period. The user must also be aware of the fact that, when he deletes the account, the information in the possession of the other users will not be changed, as well as the copy of the data in their possession.
Law and protection
Semantica may collect, use, store and share your information if you believe in good faith that this is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond, pursuant to applicable law or regulation, to legal proceedings or governmental requests; (b) apply our Terms and other applicable conditions and disclosures, including for the purpose of analyzing potential violations; (c) detect, analyze, prevent and manage fraud and other illegal activities or technical or security problems; (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our users, Semantica or third parties, including preventing events that could lead to imminent physical damage or death.
Updates to the information
The "Data Protection Officer", data protection officer (DPO) for Semantica can be contacted here.
Via Stiatico 2
San Giorgio di Piano, 40016